The counter people sent me two hot young men to install my countertops.
I worked from home today, which I never do, since my work largely requires that I be at work. I kind of wish I didn’t know I could do this part here because it’s a drag, and I suck at concentrating on work at home when there are things to distract me. Here are some things from my day on the loose:
1. Daisy Duke is now on “The Young & The Restless.”
2. Dr. Phil: still quotable. Today’s gem was My attitude has always been ‘you can call me a sumbitch, but you’re gone do it from a distance.’
3. Tina Turner prefers silence. If she doesn’t get it, she will retire to her chair in the bedroom.
4. Those little English girls, Sophia Grace and Rosie, are like little old ladies in tutus. I just want to pinch their cheeks.
5. Bruce Jenner looks like a homely woman. The diamond studs don’t help. Maybe hoops or something?
But you’re not here for this. You’re here about the kitchen. The counters have a cove ogee edge, which looks like it should be on furniture. It’s very fancy – it’s the fanciest thing in there. I like it. The backsplash is six inches, which is taller than normal, and looks really good.
The epoxies and what have you have to set for a day and then the plumber will come and put the water line back so I can use the sink and the dishwasher.
The sink is undermounted and I didn’t really believe in that, that permanent glue that was supposed to hold it under there, because so far, nothing in my life has been permanent. I’ve never had a permanent in my hair, but I know people who have, and despite what they’re called, they’re just temporary.
As far as I was concerned, they’d do just as well to stick that sink up there with unicorn spit and gem clips. But these guys had pre-drilled some holes in the bottom of the marble so as to screw it in, and there are some blocks and other things holding it there, so I guess it is permanent. In any case, I feel more confident than I did.